1. During Fever give plenty of liquids e.g.: water, milk, juices, ORS.
2. When baby has fever, never cover your baby with warm clothing, blankets & sweaters. Always use very thin & minimum clothing and see that the room is well ventilated.
3. Record baby’s temperature in the armpit and temperature of 100*F & more is considered as fever. Only then use Syp.Paracetamol (proper dose). You may repeat Paracetamol every-6hrs if required. (i.e. Temp. > 100*F)
4. When temperature rises more than 102*F, give an extra dose of Syp. Paracetamol and do the sponging of the whole body using wet towel & continue sponging till the temperature comes below 102*F.
5. In spite of Sponging for 1hr, if the temperature remains above 102*F, you may use Syp.Ibuprofen (proper dose) and consult your doctor.